Monday, September 10, 2012

Carnival Destiny: Overall Thoughts

We had a great trip. The food and staff were great as expected. The itinerary was a perfect getaway for a holiday weekend. Was it hard being away for a holiday? No, not really. It was nice to relax. They offer a turkey dinner of sorts on the first night but it wasn't exactly the same so I had chicken. But if I wanted home cooked I would have stayed home ;) We took part in more planned events this cruise as well. We went to see the comedians (very funny!) and enjoyed the love & marriage game. There were some disappointments like the scavenger hunt but alas not every thing is perfect and we just went on to enjoy the next activity.

Our favorite thing we like to do on our cruises is visit the Disco nightly. They play all different types of music and there is a lot of seating to people watch once people have had a little too much to drink. It is 18+ but there is a wide range of ages.

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Destiny.  She is a nice ship and is soon going to be completely refurbished. That's right, starting next year, the Destiny will become the Carnival Sunshine with a home port of New Orleans, LA! I am not sure why they choose this route with the Destiny, I like the name and the ship didn't look worn down. It gets a bad rap from reviews I had read prior to our trip but those kind of people are ones who just can not enjoy a vacation. We arent ones to notice the little things so the minor wear and tear on the ship didn't bother us. Would I sail the Destiny again? Absolutely. Unfortunately,  we already have a fall 2012 cruise planned so we will not be able to before she becomes the "Sunshine". 

The Destiny is a great ship because of the 3 different itineraries she offers! Interested in those? Perfect! The Victory will be repositioned to Miami in February 2013 and start to take over those itineraries. Make sure to check out earlier posts on the Victory!

Have any questions? Like to spend your time in a particular area on the ship? Comment and fill us in!

2 comments:

  1. I was on the Destiny too! Do you know the name of the comedian that performed in the Punchliner Club by chance? I've been looking everywhere and can't find the information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaitlyn! Were you on this cruise or a different sailing? I have my fun times from our cruise and the comedians on board were Carl Rimi & Louis Ramey. I believe they change out the comedians periodically so I am unsure if they were the same on all sailings. Hope this helps!

      Delete