The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award is a way to connect fellow bloggers and encourage ladies who love to travel! I am excited to nominate some myself down below but first the rules!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you!
- Answer the 10 questions generated by the blogger that nominated you!
- Create 10 new questions for the bloggers you nominate!
- Nominate female travel bloggers that inspire you!
- Proudly put the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award Logo on your blog!
Here are Marian's questions!!
What makes you get up every day and want to have a blog?
I write my blog because I hope it could inspire someone to step outside of their comfort zone. I mostly write about cruise based travel and cruising scares many people. I know plenty of people that I tell "I love to cruise!" whose eyes get real big and tell me I am crazy. For some it is the fact that you are on such a large ship in the middle of the water, some are definitely afraid that it will sink and others just think cruising is a boring thing that older people do.
If you weren’t blogging, would you still write?
I would love to be a professional travel writer at some point and I think my blogging helps me become a better writer. I am not sure if that will ever happen but if not, I would like to still write small pieces here and there. It is just so fun to tell a story from your view.
At what point while doing your blog did you realize that blogging was something more than writing for yourself?
When I joined twitter I started to get a lot of great feedback from other writers and realized that people do read and appreciate my writing. Even if they didn't, I love writing about my travels as a way to remember amazing moments that I have spent with friends or family.
If you couldn’t write about travel, what would your new blog be about?
Ooooooh such a great question. I think I would write about home decor and design. I am about a month out from my house being finished and I love to go on Pinterest and read different articles about how to style each room.
What is your all time favorite destination?
London. I just got back from a 2 week trip to England and I absolutely fell in love with London. There is something for everyone and it is just stunning. I think it is so neat to walk down the River Thames and see an old, amazing building and have a skyscraper right next to it. It opened my eyes to European destinations.
Do you have a favorite dining experience from your travels?
On my first cruise we tried escargot. It was delicious! It taught me to at least try things, you don't have to like them but it may turn out that you do!
Best cup of coffee you ever had was where?
I am not a huge coffee drinker but on cruises I love to get up early in the morning and grab a cup of coffee as we pull into port. The views of the island with the sun rising are beautiful.
Where are you off to next and why?
My girls and I are taking a mini race-cation weekend in October to run the Baltimore Marathon Relay! So excited to get back into running! Other than that I don't have anything official yet for 2016. Considering an Eastern Caribbean cruise in late April for my anniversary and trying to find the perfect destination for my BFF's bachelorette party at the end of the summer!
What one item is a must have in your travel bag?
Zip lock bags. Seriously I bring them on every trip. They are great for toiletries but also for little things you don't want to lose or don't want to touch your other stuff. I have used mine to store a still slightly wet bathing suit on the flight home, some sand or sea shells from the beach or to keep track of small souvenirs that I don't want to get lost in my bag.
Do you have any special tips or tricks on social media that you’d like to share?
My only tip is to use it and use it often. Social Media is a great way to reach out to others. I love to spend about 30 minutes at the end of each day going through Instagram posts. Liking and commenting on other peoples posts is a great way to get other people to interact with your page.
My 10 questions for my nominated bloggers!!
- What destination did you visit that inspired you the most?
- Is there a destination that you would not travel to again?
- What is one thing you tried while traveling that you never pictured yourself doing?
- Have you ever traveled solo? If so, how did it affect your travel experience?
- Was there a particular trip that made you want to start travel writing?
- What is your most successful/ popular blog post to date?
- Do you tend to pack light or over pack?
- Have you ever traveled without a round trip ticket or an exact date that you would be returning home?
- Do you have any travel rituals?
- Would you ever consider moving to another country for an extended period or becoming a citizen of somewhere else for good?